Q. Prices – how do I find them?
Prices are found on the via the affiliate pages of this website.
Q. Is my personal information protected?
We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. When you make a booking with us your information is retained via our affiliate partners. However if you subscribe to our newsletter and notification of promotions only the information you provide is given for the respective opt-in.
Q. What is included in the price?
Unless otherwise stated, all prices shown throughout the website include the following:
Accommodation (grade as shown) based on two persons sharing
Private transfers (shared for some destinations – you will be advised at the time of booking)
Meals as shown (where applicable)
ATOL protection (where applicable)
Taxes and charges
Air passenger duty and security
Aviation fuel costs
Q. What are ‘minimum stay restrictions’?
Minimum stay restrictions may apply during peak season, when the usual booking period may be longer  – you will be advised at the time of booking. Supplements may also be levied during peak season bookings: Christmas, New Year, Easter and other school holiday periods.
Q. How do I reserve a specific seat on my flight?
A limited number of seats are available for advance booking. Everything possible is done to meet your seat requests, however no guarantee can be given. Most airlines reserve bulkhead seats for clients requiring a sky cot for infants, while exit seats can only be allocated at check-in and then only to passengers over the age of 16 years old who are physically fit. To request your seats, please mention your requirements to your Travel Consultant at the time of booking.
Q. How can I book a seat with extra legroom?
Seats with extra legroom (i.e. exit or bulkhead seats) can only be allocated on the day of departure by check-in staff to passengers over the age of 16 years old who are physically fit. We therefore recommend that you check-in 3 hours prior to departure.
Q. How do I make a meal request?
Please note that we require at least 48 hours’ notice before your departure date to arrange a special meal with an airline which may usually be done through your direct airline.
Q. How can I book a room for early arrival or late departure?
At some of our featured destinations, flight arrival times are early in the morning and you will arrive at your accommodation before the normal check-in time. In these circumstances, we recommend that accommodation is reserved from the night before, guaranteeing an immediate check-in. Similarly, some flight departure times are late in the evening, after normal check-out time.
Q. What is the difference between a Direct and a Non-stop flight?
The flight routings used in connection with our holidays may be based on special fares, which do not necessarily take the most direct route. Some itineraries require a change of aircraft en route. A flight that is described as direct is one where there is no need to change aircraft during the journey. However, stops may be made en route for re-fuelling or to let passengers on and/or off. Details of any stops will be shown on your itinerary.
Q. I am travelling on my honeymoon, what name should I travel in?
We recommend that you travel in the name that is shown on your passport, which, in most cases, will be your maiden name. If you wish to travel in your married name but your passport is still in your maiden name, some airlines will allow this at a nominal charge.
Q. Can I make changes to my booking – e.g. passenger name change?
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way e.g. passenger name change, you will need to contact the airline directly.  You will have to pay an administration charge of £25 or more, plus any further costs we incur making the alteration. N.B. Certain travel arrangements cannot be changed after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
Q. Can I add extras to my booking?
We will be adding additional services at a later date to allow for your vacation to be extra special.
Q. What is the luggage allowance on my flight?
Airlines measure your luggage allowance by one of two ways: either by weight or by the piece system. The details of both systems listed below are to be used as a guideline only, as allowances may vary from airline to airline:
Weight: The weight allowance depends on your class of travel:
Economy or Premium Economy/World Traveller Plus – 20 kg per person
Business/Club Class – 30 kg per person
First Class – 40 kg per person.
Piece System: The piece system is based on the number of items of luggage that you are allowed to check-in.
Q. Can I ask family and friends to contribute towards the cost of my holiday e.g. as a wedding present?
We will be adding additional services at a later date to allow for your vacation to be extra special.
Q. How can I be sure the resort is safe?
Health and safety is a prime subject for everyone who travels the world today and we would ask that you observe good housekeeping habits and a common sense approach. Your personal welfare is our priority and we ask that you are fully aware of security and health and safety whilst overseas. Petty crimes, robberies and muggings can occur anywhere in the world, although the chances of anything unpleasant happening will be considerably reduced if you take a few simple precautions. Whilst out and about, try not to carry a lot of cash with you and always leave your passport, unnecessary travellers cheques and any expensive jewellery in a secure place.
Q. Do I need a visa? Do I need to check my passport before I travel?
British citizens holding a 10-year UK passport (5 years for children), issued in the UK, should note that some overseas countries have an immigration requirement for a passport to remain valid for a minimum period after the date of entry to that country (typically 6 months). Please note some countries require 2-3 blank pages at the end of your passport.
 Non-British citizen passport holders, British citizens holding a UK Passport issued abroad or holders of British Subject Passports should contact the appropriate consulate or embassy for advice.
 Passport and visa regulations can change – please check online or the relevant embassy well in advance of travel.
 Apply early: If you need to apply for a passport, or renew an expired passport, you should do so well in advance of travel and at least four weeks before. If you are 16 years or over and have never had a passport in your own name, you should apply for one at least six weeks before your holiday. The UK passport service has to confirm your identity before issuing your first passport and will ask you to attend an interview in order to protect your identity.
 If a visa is required, don’t leave it until the last minute – allow plenty of time.
 You may not be able to travel and insurance may be invalid if the names on your passport and travel documents don’t match. If any member of your party changes their name, we must be notified immediately so that we can change booking documentation.
 All passengers must ensure they have valid, acceptable passports, any required visa, any other documentation for both the final destination and any stop-off points en-route.
 Ensure Advance Passenger Information is submitted in advance of travel for all destinations.
 Failure to hold correct documentation or submitting incorrect details with Advance Passenger Information or visa applications may result in refusal of carriage or entry to a country. Neither we, nor the airline will accept liability if this happens.
 You may be liable to pay fines, surcharges, other financial penalties, costs (including the cost of an immediate return flight) and any other sums of any description, which are incurred or imposed by the airline or incurred by us.
How to contact the Passport Office: General passport enquiries should be directed to the Passport Office. Visit: www.direct.gov.uk/passports or telephone: 0300 222 0000.
How to find out about visa requirements: The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit provides information about visa requirements and also provides contact details for relevant embassies. Visit: www.gov.uk/fco. Alternatively, e-mail traveladvicepublicenquiries@fco.gov.uk, or ask your Travel Consultant.
Please refer to our Holiday Information page for full details.
Q. My children are still on my 10-year passport – is it still ok for them to travel?
All children, including newborn babies, must now have their own individual passport. The child’s passport will initially be valid for 5 years, but can be renewed for a further 5 years at the end of this period. However, children included on a valid passport can still continue to travel abroad with the passport holder until the child reaches their 16th birthday. After which, they will be required to obtain a passport in their own name and they must be removed from your passport.
Q. What age restrictions apply to children and infants travelling?
Children are 2-11 years old; infants are under 2.
Q. When is the hurricane season?
There is a ‘hurricane season’ in the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, Central Mexico and South Eastern Seaboard of America between June and November; the months of August and September being especially susceptible. However, because of the nature of these weather phenomena, it is extremely difficult to provide accurate information. Wherever possible, we will warn you of any threatened hurricane activity before you travel – and, providing accommodation is available, try and change your holiday arrangements. If, however, you are already in resort, we will try and offer you the opportunity to return to the UK or move you to an alternative destination.
Q. What is Ramadan?
The holy month of Ramadan is celebrated throughout Muslim countries and is when Muslims must abstain from food, beverages and cigarettes during daylight hours. Non-Muslims are asked to respect those fasting by also not eating, drinking or smoking in public places from dawn to dusk. However, most hotels provide screened areas for guests to dine in private and, from 6pm onwards, hotel bars and restaurants operate as usual, the exception being Oman, where you may only purchase alcoholic beverages via room service. A conservative dress code should also be strictly observed. It must be remembered, though, that this is a time for celebration and hotels do arrange sumptuous evening feasts in Ramadan tents. In fact, this can be a fascinating time to visit and those guests with a passion for culture will enjoy the unique ambience.
Q. Do I need vaccinations?
All clients are responsible for ensuring that they conform to health regulations of the countries they are visiting and, where necessary, have the required vaccinations and documentation. Whilst many Western European and North American destinations currently have no compulsory inoculation requirements, advice about destinations can change. We strongly recommend that you check with your doctor or seek professional medical advice in respect of vaccinations required for specific areas, as this information is constantly changing and being updated by the country of destination and the Department of Health. In case of accidents or illness, we strongly recommend that you take out adequate insurance cover. Clients travelling to worldwide destinations are recommended to seek advice from www.gov.uk/fco   www.hpa.org.uk   www.nathnac.org , your General Practitioner or a specialist clinic and, where recommended, obtain vaccinations or tablets for protection against, for example: Malaria, Hepatitis A, Polio and Typhoid. Biting insects (including mosquitoes) are common in many countries and they can spread disease (e.g. Dengue Fever and Malaria). Insect repellents, especially those containing DEET, can be useful in helping to prevent bites. In some cases, treatments for Malaria should begin well in advance of travel. If you are visiting a European Union (EU) country, you should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and take it with you when you travel. The EHIC can be obtained free of charge by completing an application form available from main Post Offices and from www.dh.gov.uk/travellers  Please note, the EHIC is in addition to Travel Insurance, not instead of it.
Q. Do I need travel insurance?
Yes, TRAVEL INSURANCE IS ESSENTIAL. Adequate travel insurance is an important element of any holiday booking. In addition, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance that properly covers your participation in whatever activities you may undertake at the time that you make the booking.
Q. When will I receive my holiday vouchers and airline tickets?
Travel documents are e-mailed, posted or added to our travel app approximately 14 days prior to your date of departure.
Q. Can I manage my booking online with British Airways?
Yes, please click here to manage your booking with British Airways.
Q. Does Travelluscious have overseas representatives?
Where we do not have an office overseas however we are available online 24/7
Q. Where can I find weather information on my holiday destination?
Don’t be caught out when packing your suitcase! Make sure you are fully prepared by calling for the latest weather forecast of your chosen holiday destination. Simply visit www.bbc.co.uk  (Please note: we do not accept responsibility for any information/ content highlighted on third party websites.)
Q. Can Travelluscious arrange UK airport car parking?
We will be offering this service in the near future
Q. Can Elegant Resorts arrange UK airport hotels?
We will be offering this service in the near future
Q. What is an E-ticket?
An E-ticket is an electronic ticket used by all airlines where your flight information is issued electronically. All passengers receive an ‘E-ticket Passenger Receipt’ and, in most cases, you simply need to give your name and flight details and/or airline locator (reservation number) when you arrive at the airline ‘Check-In’ or ‘Bag Drop’ desk at the airport. In some instances, you may need to show a copy of your ‘E-ticket Passenger Receipt’ to enter the airport or when clearing Immigration and Customs. Therefore, it is important that you take a copy of all your ‘E-ticket Passenger Receipts’ with you when you travel.
Q. What is a ticket on departure?
If you have been advised that your tickets will be given to you on departure, information of where to pick up your tickets will be outlined on your itinerary.
Q. Do I need to pay departure tax when leaving my holiday destination?
Certain destinations charge departure tax, payable upon check-in of your departure flight. Full details will be highlighted on your holiday itinerary.
Q. I am travelling to the USA, but flying via a gateway where I change planes. When will I clear immigration?
In the USA, you clear immigration at your first point into the country, regardless of whether you are en route to another destination.

Payment Information

Q. What payment methods do you accept?
Payments are governed are affiliates who accept debit or credit card when you book – Barclaycard, Visa, Access, Mastercard and  American Express.
Q. What if I want to amend my holiday?
You will need to contact the affiliate who you booked with directly.
Q. What if I wish to cancel my holiday?
You will need to contact the affiliate who you booked with directly.

On Return

Q. My flight was delayed – can I claim compensation/what do I do?
In the unlikely event of a delay caused by a non-force majeure incident, responsibility for arrangements for meals, overnight accommodation etc will rest with the airline. Under EU law, you have rights, in some circumstances, to a refund and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay of flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. However, reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 9 of our Booking Conditions. If your airline does not comply with these rules, you should complain to the Air Transport Users Council on 020 7240 6061 / www.auc.org.uk
Q. I have just returned from my holiday and would like to send a letter of thanks for an enjoyable holiday. Who do I write to?
We’re pleased to hear you had a wonderful holiday with Elegant Resorts. Please send any comments to: Client Services Department, Elegant Resorts, Elegant House, Sandpiper Way, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9QE. Alternatively, email info@elegantresorts.co.uk